Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Clinton Campaign DOA

Mark it down - September 17, 2007 - the day Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign died.

The campaign doesn't know it yet - few do. But it's over. Done. She can never be elected President. Not after this.

As I noted yesterday, Clinton unveiled a mandatory health insurance plan that she plagerized from Mitt Romney, who created a similar plan when he was governor of Massachussets. I noted it was horrible, but thought to myself that between then and election day she would "clarify" the plan to reduce its draconian approach of penalizing the American worker.

I was wrong.

It was reported today that Clinton gave an interview to the Associated Press, wherein she went so far as to note that she could forsee the day when a person would be required to show proof of current health insurance before being allowed to work.

WTF!

On the radio today, her "economic advisor" tried to blabber something about taxes and how this will only be a percentage of someone's income. Newsflash dumbass - most people (myself included) cannot afford for the government to forcibly redistribute ANY percentage of my income.

Clearly it is not just Clinton who is completely oblivous to the real world, but she has apparently surrounded herself with others who are just as ignorant. This seems oddly similar to another completely detached president who surrounded himself with like(feeble)minded "yes" men.

It's over. Mark it down. September 17, 2007.

1 comment:

Harold said...

I hope you're right, Man -- I just don't see her winning in 2008.